Matthew Hayden is duller and less popular than his fishing rod

In an interview with The Australian (newspaper), Hayden describes how he saw a group of people fishing off the rocks near the team hotel in Galle when Australia were on tour in Sri Lanka once.

"I noticed they were catching little mackerel so I took my fly rod down to the rocks and within the space of 10 minutes I reckon I had close on 300 people watching," Hayden recalled this week.

"I was thinking, 'this is good, they're obviously keen followers of cricket'. But no-one knew who I was. They were looking at my fly rod. They invited me back to their village to show off this rod. It wasn't me at all."
We're going to have to stop reading things about Matthew Hayden. He doesn't come across too badly in this interview. We're not having that. It was bad enough when we started liking Brett Lee. You've got to draw the line somewhere.

Labels: , ,

Tuesday, October 02, 2012


King Cricket latest


Contact us


Subscribe to King Cricket

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im guessing ur british ??!!
and for the record, i hate rahul dravid (as a captain, like him as a player-- for the record.. again) and i hate greg chappell.
these two are undoing everything that saurav ganguly did for the team.
he took us to the world cup finals for god's sake and these guys cant even reach the second round of the champions trophy on home turf !!
cmon !!
(switches tv off in disgust and lets the expletives fly)

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home