Stock photography's useless

This is what we'd be reduced to if we only used stock photography. We'd have to lie to you and reuse the same four pictures.
For some reason a search for 'cricket' in stock image libraries produced lots of pictures of lemurs, which we were quite pleased about - but it is irrelevant. This, as we're sure you're aware, is a cricket ball. This is pretty much the high water mark for stock images. We'd use this on just about every post.

We'd probably have to pretend that this was Brian Lara getting 'done' by a Glenn McGrath in-ducker.


This is Sachin Tendulkar going for 103 against Sri Lanka at Mohali...


And this is the new scoreboard at the MCG. In black and white. Even though things haven't been black and white since we were taught right and wrong.

Labels: ,

Tuesday, October 02, 2012


King Cricket latest


Contact us


Subscribe to King Cricket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for you to show me what a cricket ball looks like. Everything makes so much more sense now.

11:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha

12:51 pm  
Blogger Someblokecalleddave said...

Being a stock photographer and a lecturer in photography I just want to say that you're screwing with people's livelyhoods. Personally when I find people using my images without having paid for the right to do so I'm not that happy and would expect my agency to take you to the cleaners as much as possible. I'm sure whatever you do to make a living you'd be miffed if someone denied you the ability to earn then laughed about it. Well done crcinfo for protecting the rights of their photographers.

12:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MPA you massive ponce - I could take a better picture than you off my camera phone - go get a real job son.

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home