Surrey v Middlesex Twenty20 match report

The Scientician - he of Jaffa Cake fame - sent us a match report of the Twenty20 match between Surrey and Middlesex on Friday.

Here it is:

It was dark. It rained. The cricket didn't stop.

There were two Scooby Doos sat next to each other.


cricket fancy dress
I'd like to think that either:

(a) Each didn't know that the other would be wearing a Scooby Doo costume, much like the plot of an American teen drama - how embarrassing, turing up to the prom/party/cricket in the same dress/top/Scooby Doo costume in order to impress Todd/Jason/Rampers.

Or (b) They, like most other people in the crowd, had come straight from work, but at their work they have to dress as Scooby Doo.

The queue for the bar was very long, but a man talked to us about the Middlewich Folk and Boat, so it was okay.

Beer prices were okay, considering this was London. Rubbish beer though: Marston's Smooth and Foster's.

There were lots of chinless wonders too.


Cricket jaffa
The Jaffa Cake was my friend's idea. She thought it was hilarious. I'm yet to be convinced. I didn't bring the glove especially, I just happened to have it in my back pocket...

After we went to the pub and got really drunk. I got lost on the way home.

Labels: ,

Tuesday, June 26, 2007


King Cricket latest


Contact us


Subscribe to King Cricket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I didn't bring the glove especially, I just happened to have it in my back pocket..."

Eh?

11:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think that refers to the original Jaffa Cake post.

11:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only just noticed that Scoob appears to balancing a pint on his head. How skilled.

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm jaffa cakes. There was a case about whether a jaffa cake is a cake or a biscuit (it was brought to decide the VAT on jaffa cakes, not just to settle the teatime debate). Answer: cake. A biscuit is double-baked(bis-cuit). Apparently McVitie made a special 12-inch jaffa cake for the purpose of the hearing. A 12-inch jaffa cake, people!

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home