Rob Key smashes 120 v Hampshire

Take that, Shane Warne!

Take that, Stuart Clark!

Rob Key is living up to his billing this year. After flaying a hundred against Durham and a one-day hundred against Surrey, Rob's added another hundred against Hampshire.

Except for all the ducks and twos and fives he's like a hundred-making MACHINE. He's quite simply unstoppable - at least he was until Dimitri Mascarenhas drifted one into his pads. That rather cut him short.

One prominent cricket expert was moved to comment:

"Not since Wally Hammond scored successive double hundreds against the Australians in 1928 have I seen batting of that class. It was like he was on a different plane of existence; a plane of existence where the boundaries are much shorter and the ball doesn't do a lot.

"If I had the strength, I'd carry that boy back to my home on my own back and instruct him to gorge on crumpets and ham until he'd had his fill. He deserves no less.

"Unfortunately, what with the ankylosing spondylitis and all, I'll have to get my wife to do the carrying. He'll still enjoy the ham though - of that I am certain."

Previous Rob Key post | Next Rob Key post

Labels: ,

Friday, May 25, 2007


King Cricket latest


Contact us


Subscribe to King Cricket

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grauniad were rather scathing of Rob in their match report for yesterday. I nearly tore the paper up in anger.

8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They warmed to him when he batted though:

"So well did [Jaarsveld] and Key play that by the close even the usually relentlessly positive Warne was quiet"

11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home